Only a provider can schedule instant chat sessions. Chat can be accessed three ways: During a regular video conference session, a chat only session, or using the Chat Now feature.
To access chat during a video session, check-in to the session and open the chat box, which will be located in the bottom right hand corner. Enter a message and push enter.
To schedule a chat only session, hover over the Schedule drop-down on the Session List or Calendar page and click Chat Session. Wecounsel recommends creating a unique Service Type for chat if you plan on offering chat therapy as an alternative.
When it’s time for the chat session, go to today’s reminders or your Sessions List page and click start chat.
To begin an instant chat session:
- Log into your provider account
- Click on Manage Clients
- Once in the Manage Clients you will see the below image:
- Click on the Chat Now button
- This will prompt you to select a session type if you wish to bill. Otherwise, please select Do Not Bill
- Your chat session will start and be in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.