Only a provider can schedule instant chat sessions. Chat can be accessed three ways: During a regular video conference session, a chat only session, or using the Chat Now feature.
To access chat during a video session, check-in to the session and open the chat box, which will be located in the bottom right hand corner. Enter a message and push enter.
To schedule a chat only session, hover over the Schedule drop-down on the Session List or Calendar page and click Chat Session. Wecounsel recommends creating a unique Session Type for chat if you plan on offering chat therapy as an alternative. \
When it’s time for the chat session, go to today’s reminders or your Session List page and click start chat.
To begin an instant chat session:
- Log into your provider account
- Click on Manage Clients
- Once in the Manage Clients you will see the below image:
- Click on the Chat Now button
- This will prompt you to select a session type if you wish to bill. Otherwise, please select Do Not Bill
- Your chat session will start and be in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.