We are switching all Wecounsel and TherapySites users to our Advanced Video Solution on 6/4/21.
This article explains changes in a video session seen with our Advanced Video Solution. The new solution has a cleaner audio and video experience, proven to have fewer dropped calls caused by poor internet issues.
This is a minor change for all users that only affects the live video session. No other page on our platform will change. These changes include:
- Video Feed background picture and settings
- Managing Participants in Session
- Provider now controls layout for patient
- More Layout Options
- Notifications for internet issues
Changes in the Advanced Video Solution:
- Regardless of who logs on first (provider or patient), they will now see a message prompting them to wait for their provider.
- Your own video feed will be displayed in the box on the bottom right of the screen
- When your video feed is muted, it will display a black box. This black screen replaces your video feed on your screen, in the box on the bottom right, and on the other user's screen seen below:
- You can still mute and unmute your video feed, microphone, and speakers from the menu on left side of the video session. View our Advanced Video Solution Features and Advanced Settings for a complete list of features.
- You can also create a larger view of the video feed by minimizing your Video Feed box on the bottom right, as well as the feature menu on the left.
- If you need to access them again just click the arrows again and they'll reappear
- Like in our previous video solution, you can tell who is online, and live by the icons on the top right of the video session
- In our Advanced Solution, you can also manage your participants from your video feed box on the bottom right of the session
- From this list you can mute, disconnect or spotlight participants
- You can minimize the participants on that box by clicking the down arrow next to participants,
- Patients and guests can no longer edit their layout. Their layout will be the same as the provider
- Provider layout options are slightly different and can now be selected from a list (Changing the layout is only possible when two or more people present in the session)
- Click here for an in-depth look at the Advanced Video Solution layout options
Notifications for Internet Issues
- Our Advanced Solution also includes notifications if a user is experiencing internet issues. These appear only for the user that is experiencing internet issues.
- These issues notify you if your internet is struggling or if it has dropped below the minimum required for a video session.