The session scheduler has new features and will officially be turned on for all organizations on Thursday, March 18, 2021. This new scheduler supports searching as you type, rather than loading all of the available users, which will make scheduling sessions faster. This change does not effect users with an EMR integration for scheduling.
Here is a step by step walkthrough using the new scheduler:
- In your menu bar on the left, go to Manage Schedule.
- Under the Schedule dropdown menu on the top right, select Session.
- Just like the old wizard, you will start by choosing if this will be an In-Person Session or Video Session.
- In the Attendees step, you can add an existing patient account, a guest attendee, or a provider.
- Adding an existing Patient account - When searching for patients, you can now see results in the autocomplete dropdown. The dropdown menu will also show distinguishing factors between patients such as date of birth, email, the notification phone number listed on the patient's account, and other key patient information.
- Adding a Guest Attendee - To add a guest attendee or schedule with a new patient, simply click the Add another guest button. From here, you can fill in their contact information as well as whether you would like to create a new account for them or bill them for the session. When you're done, be sure to click Add or the user's information will not be saved.
- Adding a Provider -The Add Providers & Staff section is where you can add yourself or any other teammates necessary.
- Next, select the Time and Date as well as whether this session will repeat. Remember that if you do choose to repeat the session, providing an end date will help keep your calendar from slowing down.
- The last two steps are similar to the previous session scheduler. You will be prompted to choose an Organization, Location, and Service Type just like before, but with the new session scheduler, your answer to the previous field will help narrow down your options for the next field.
- Finally, you can review the proposed session before submitting it and adding the session to your calendar.