If you and your client are unable to connect using WebRTC, please follow the below steps:
- Verify DL/UL internet speeds are >4 on speedtest.net
- Verify you are using Mozilla Firefox
- Check that the version of Firefox is uptodate (Go to “About Firefox”)
- Clear your Firefox browser History (cookies/cache)
- Restart the browser
- Restart session via WebRTC
- If you are still experiencing issues, try starting the session in Chrome.
Firewall can block various aspects of the session such as the audio and/or the video. If your audio or video isn’t working consistently, this could indicate a Firewall issue. If you or your client are unable to connect due to firewall issues, please follow the below steps.
- For an immediate fix, please join the session using Firefox and make sure the video plugin is “Switched on”. To do this, click the “Switch on” link under the video plugin column across for your name and start the session.
- To make a Firewall exception, please contact your internet provider (or whoever supplied your network router) and make sure port 80 and port 443 are open (If you own the router this may require you to login to the admin account to open the ports- you should be able to figure out how to do this via the router brand website or manual)
- Also, in the network’s firewall configuration, make sure the exception for the URL opentok.com is made in the router's firewall. You should be able to login as your router’s admin and make this exception or contact whoever supplied the router to make these changes.
- For further information,please visit Network Connectivity Requirements for Opentok.