This article explains how a provider can bill a patient for a session in their portal, and cancel billing for a session.
Please note that you can only cancel a bill when you are still in the process of billing the patient. Once the billing process is complete you cannot cancel the bill, and instead will need to issue a refund. Click here to learn how.
- Log into your portal and click Session List
- If the session has already been held, select the Past Session tab
- Click the Bill Patient button next to the session
- Click Bill Patient
- Click Charge Out-of-Pocket
- Here you can make adjustments to the billing amount, note why you made the adjustment, add an ICP-10 code or change the session type.
- Finally, click Submit Bill
- Once you click submit, if you have made an error or wish to cancel, you can do so by clicking the red cancel button on the confirmation page. If you are unable to cancel a bill, the billing process has completed and you will instead need to issue a refund.
Once you hit submit:
Your client’s credit card will be charged and they will receive an email notification of the charge.
The credit card processing fee of 2.9% plus $0.30 will be deducted from that amount and the remainder will be deposited into your Stripe account.
Providers have complete discretion over when to bill. Depending on the provider’s policies, charges may be applied for missing a session and/or impromptu cancellations. VisuWell recommends asking the provider about their no-show and cancellation policies.