The new instant chat feature is now accessible while outside the video waiting room. This feature will allow you to have a quick and easy chat session with your clients. There are two ways to have a chat session. One is to start it immediately, the other is to schedule it for a future time. Here’s how to start an instant chat immediately:
- Log into your provider account
- Click on Client List.
- Once in the Client List you will see the below image:
- Click on the Chat Now button located under the Navigate To column.
- This will open a box to select a session type if you wish to bill. Otherwise, select Do Not Bill.
- Your chat session will now start and be in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
(Please note that chat logs are not saved. If you wish to save your chat session please put content into a client note before closing the window or starting a new chat session.)
The other way to have a chat session is to schedule it in advance. You can do this anywhere you would schedule a session by hovering over the Schedule drop-down on the Session List or Calendar pages and clicking Chat Session. We recommend also creating a unique Session Type for chat if you plan on offering chat therapy as an alternative. When the time for the chat comes simply go to today’s reminders or your Session List page and click start chat.