If you and your client are unable to connect using WebRTC, please follow the below steps:
Verify Download/Upload internet speeds are greater than 3Mbps on speedtest.net
- Verify you are using Mozilla Firefox
- Check that the version of Firefox is up-to-date (Go to “About Firefox”)
- Clear your Firefox browser History (cookies/cache)
- Restart the browser
- Restart session via WebRTC
- If you are still experiencing issues, try starting the session in Chrome.
Firewall can block various aspects of the session such as the audio and/or the video, so if just audio or video aren’t working consistently, this could indicate a Firewall issue. If you or your client are unable to connect due to firewall issues, please follow the below steps.
- To make a Firewall exception, please contact your internet provider (or whoever supplied your network router) and make sure port 80 and port 443 are open (if you own the router this may require you to login to the admin account to open the ports, you should be able to figure out how to do this from the router brand website manual)
- Also, in the network’s firewall configuration, make sure the exception for the URL opentok.com is made in the router's firewall. You should be able to login as your router’s admin and make this exception or contact whoever supplied the router to make these changes.